“Expressive writing is a revolutionary act. It can be done anywhere, takes less time than a cup of coffee, it’s free, and, best of all, scientifically proven to improve how we process issues that compromise one’s quality of life.”Dr. James Pennebaker
Mental Health Advantages of Expressive Writing
- Expressive Writing empowers choice in how we respond to difficult situations.
- Expressive Writing helps us discover the hidden feelings suppressed in a safe, creative, and communal way.
- Expressive Writing validates past experiences so that the ghosts of your past will be heard.
- Expressive Writing lowers the frequency and intensity of downward spiraling by journaling truth inside fiction.
Features of Expressive Writing
- Connect with other kindred Journal-Artists so that your experience may be heard, felt, and seen.
- Validate your experiences by expressing truth inside fiction within a vibrant and intimate Journal-Artist community.
- Discern Shadows based on truth and Shadows based on life-lies through the power of resonate-editing.
Benefits of Expressive Writing
- Becoming self-aware gives you the power of choice to respond better in difficult and/or similar situations.
- Return the power of truth back into your conscious mind by allowing the subconscious to speak to you in expressive writing.
- Increase self-respect, self-confidence, and self-esteem through the disciplining of validating your feelings, your pain, your experiences and helping others validate theirs.
Testimonials about Journaling in Act One
Increase Emotional Intelligence: Becoming self-aware gives you the power to break toxic habits, make positive changes, and mature.
Gain self-respect: Self-respect is earned through watching yourself set healthy boundaries, knowing what you like and don’t like, becoming confident in who you are through self-acceptance.
Grow Self-Confidence: Owning your shadow and learning how to integrate it will effectively increase your self-confidence and boost self-esteem through knowing and accepting oneself.
We believe pain can be transformed into creative expression through Artist-Inspired Expressive Writing. To reveal our tragedy is to transform it. Shadow Work is the beginning of bringing the unconscious to the surface. It is only when we have self-awareness that the power of choice is once again returned to us.
We believe connection, compassion, and catharsis can be created through an intimate community of kindred Journal-Artists as apprentices, mentors, pen-pals, and producers.
We believe that the mystery of love will heal the deepest parts of ourselves that have been repressed and suppressed. We believe that expression will transform depression, that anchor will transform anxiety, that narrative drama will transform trauma. We are a community of Artists & Journal-Artists committed to the act of revealing, feeling, and healing.
May the book set you free.
Shadow work is best done in shadow land—in the realm of fiction.
Find your silver lining in the flow of journaling. Suppressed expression is depression: May the publishing process become your spiritual and emotional release.
In the flow of documenting your journey, you will discover your dual passions, pursuits, and purposes. In the self-awareness of your own duality, you will also become lucid in the power of choice.
Surround yourself with a community of supportive Journal-Artists who are also writing, one journal-entry at a time, artist-inspired.
In Honor of Eve's Fall
The Love Story is designed to help you transform pain into purpose through the power of expressive writing in a Journal-Artist community.
In the process of journaling, you will become self-aware of your dual passions, pursuits, and purposes in life. You will become disciplined, inspired, and encouraged to choose the path of your true passion, pursuit, and purpose in life by exercising your free will.
You will transform your Pain into a Three-Act Tragedy, told in Fiction, Based on a True Story. In the process of writing, you will experience the catharsis needed to move forward in life. You will stop living in the past and worrying about the future. Instead, you will begin living in the present and hoping for the future.
As a Journal-Artist, you will fuse the discipline of journaling with the craft of journalism to discover, experience, and inform your personal journey.
Meet The Journal-Artists
We explore truth in fiction, while illuminating our shadows.
We fortify our faith through the sword of the spirit in the written word.
We are the Journal-Artist Producers—sharply spoken and broken open.
The Way Out is In
Writing about trauma, writing about the root causes of your depression, writing about your raw emotions may heal your trauma and past woundings over time. If you are interested in learning how to heal yourself, consider expressive writing as a powerful way to validate your experiences, become seen, heard, and felt through the authentic sharing of truths among a community of journal-artists.
Depression is suppressed expression. When you are able to tell the things that have been shamed and shunned to kindred strangers, you will discover the catharsis needed to shed the layers of heaviness.