“Unfortunately there can be no doubt that man is, on the whole, less good than he imagines himself or wants to be. Everyone carries a shadow, and the less it is embodied in the individual’s conscious life, the blacker and denser it is. If an inferiority is conscious, one always has a chance to correct it. Furthermore, it is constantly in contact with other interests, so that it is continually subjected to modifications. But if it is repressed and isolated from consciousness, it never gets corrected.”
Dr. Carl Jung
Advantages of Shadow Work
- Shadow Work empowers choice.
- Discover the hidden feelings you’ve suppressed by processing it in expressive writing.
- Validate your past experiences so that the ghosts of your past will be heard.
- Lower the frequency and intensity of downward spirals by journaling truth inside fiction.
Features of Shadow Work
- Connect with other kindred Journal-Artists so that your experience may be heard, felt, and seen.
- Validate your experiences by expressing truth inside fiction within a vibrant and intimate Journal-Artist community.
- Discern Shadows based on truth and Shadows based on life-lies through the power of resonate-editing.
Benefits of the Shadow Work
- Activate your subconscious through simple and clear directions to leverage content with creation.
- Return the power of truth back into your conscious mind by allowing the subconscious to speak to you in expressive writing.
- Increase self-respect, self-confidence, and self-esteem through the disciplining of validating your feelings, your pain, your experiences and helping others validate theirs.
What is Shadow Work?
Shadow work is the act of illuminating the shadow parts of ourselves. Shadows by nature are everything and anything that reflects the absence of love. We do Shadow Work so we can learn from our mistakes, stop repeating and perpetuating toxic patterns, and build self-respect, self-esteem, and self-love.
Shadow work is designed to help you heal from things that you are still unaware of. It gets to the root of the problem. Shadow work returns the power of choice back to you so you may discern your true passion from your false one. The process of confronting your shadows will transform you from stressed, depressed, and frustrated into inspired, encouraged, and empowered.
Shadow Illumination starts with a mirror. Activate your subconscious with over 750+ Journal Entries filtered by Shadow Keywords to act as your mirror. It is designed for you to journal your past so that your present begins making sense.
Learn how discern your true and false desires by discerning what shadows are based on truth and what shadows are based on lies. You can do this through a mirror darkly. Explore over 100+ Artist interviews on how they have transformed pain into their true passion.
Discover your true north. Begin by journaling and telling your personal journey inside the genre of “journal-artism.” All our journal entries shared are told in fiction, based on a true story. Download Your Free
Shadow Work through a Mirror Darkly
“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” — 1 Corinthians 13:12, KJV
Expressive Writing is one of the most effective ways of transforming trauma into creative drama, to safely deal with shadows in the containment of narrative storytelling when journaling our truth inside fiction, and to validate our experiences while validating other people’s experiences.
There are three parts to the Mirror Darkly:
Part I: “now I know in part”—Deep listening for kindred resonances to become activated in the subconscious
Part II: “but then shall I know”—Journal 15 minutes distraction free
Part III: “even as also I am known” — Share & Resonate-edit
Testimonials about Journaling in Act One
What are the benefits of Shadow Work?
- Shadow Work empowers choice.
- Uncover the hidden feelings you’ve suppressed.
- Validate your experiences.
- Stop the ghosts of your past from haunting when they are finally heard.
- Lower the frequency and intensity of downward spirals.
- Connect with other kindred Journal-Artists.
- Allow your experience to be respected, validated, and transformed.
- Help others while you are being helped by others.
- Discern truth from life-lies through the power of resonate-editing.
- Activate your subconscious.
- Return the power of truth back into your conscious mind.
- Allow the subconscious to speak to you in expressive writing.
- Increase self-respect, self-confidence, and self-esteem through the discipline of validating your feelings, your pain, your experiences while helping others validate theirs.
In Honor of Eve's Fall
The Love Story is designed to help you transform pain into purpose through the power of expressive writing in a Journal-Artist community.
In the process of journaling, you will become self-aware of your dual passions, pursuits, and purposes in life. You will become disciplined, inspired, and encouraged to choose the path of your true passion, pursuit, and purpose in life by exercising your free will.
You will transform your Pain into a Three-Act Tragedy, told in Fiction, Based on a True Story. In the process of writing, you will experience the catharsis needed to move forward in life. You will stop living in the past and worrying about the future. Instead, you will begin living in the present and hoping for the future.
As a Journal-Artist, you will fuse the discipline of journaling with the craft of journalism to discover, experience, and inform your personal journey.
Love Note from our Founder
We believe pain can be transformed into creative expression through Artist-Inspired Expressive Writing. To reveal our tragedy is to transform it. Shadow Work is the beginning of bringing the unconscious to the surface. It is only when we have self-awareness that the power of choice is once again returned to us.
We believe connection, compassion, and catharsis can be created through an intimate community of kindred Journal-Artists as apprentices, mentors, pen-pals, and producers.
We believe that the mystery of love will heal the deepest parts of ourselves that have been repressed and suppressed. We believe that expression will transform depression, that anchor will transform anxiety, that narrative drama will transform trauma. We are a community of Artists & Journal-Artists committed to the act of revealing, feeling, and healing.
May the book set you free.
We explore truth in fiction, while illuminating our shadows.
We fortify our faith through the sword of the spirit in the written word.
We are the Journal-Artist Producers—sharply spoken and broken open.
Shadow work is best done in shadow land—in the realm of fiction.
Find your silver lining in the flow of journaling. Suppressed expression is depression: May the publishing process become your spiritual and emotional release.
In the flow of documenting your journey, you will discover your dual passions, pursuits, and purposes. In the self-awareness of your own duality, you will also become lucid in the power of choice.
Surround yourself with a community of supportive Journal-Artists who are also writing, one journal-entry at a time, artist-inspired.
Increase Emotional Intelligence: Becoming self-aware gives you the power to break toxic habits, make positive changes, and mature.
Gain self-respect: Self-respect is earned through watching yourself set healthy boundaries, knowing what you like and don’t like, becoming confident in who you are through self-acceptance.
Grow Self-Confidence: Owning your shadow and learning how to integrate it will effectively increase your self-confidence and boost self-esteem through knowing and accepting oneself.
Video Lessons on Shadows, Discerning Shadows, and Shadow Integration.
Directions on how to activate your subconscious so that your shadow and spirit may speak to you.
Access to our Journal-Artist community where you will discover a Pen-Pal to do Shadow Work with.
Unlimited Mirror Darkly Expressive Writing Workshops.