The Love Story Presents:
Break Your Heart Open Live Stream Series
Malik’s Spoken Words Inspired-Expressive Writing, Open Mic Journal Sharing & Resonating
Explore Pain to Promises
Malik Yusef-Inspired Expressive Writing Session
Grammy and Tony-Award Winning Songwriter and Spoken Word Artist Malik Yusef will be facilitating your emotional exploration of pain into promise through expressive writing, inspired by his various spoken word pieces, with the theme of promise.
Enter on March 27th at 10am pst / 1pm est
Saturday, March 27th, 2021
Morning & Evening
Malik’s Spoken Word-Inspired Journaling Session
Journal-Artist Open Mic & Resonating
Previous Artist Performances-Inspired Journaling Sessions
Live, Intimate, & Authentic
Reveal, Feel, Deal, & Heal,
Destiny-Inspired Journaling Prompts [Performance Feb. 27th, 2021]
- Describe a time that you have been resilient. How has this lesson of resiliency helped you the next time you ran into trouble?
- “Every mistake is supposed to be there on the canvas…” What are some negative narratives that keep you stuck?
- What are some of your fears when it comes to being resilient?
- What does it take for you get up? Does it take something dramatic? Or is the come up quicker now?
- The Spirit is within you. How have you tapped into your inner most spirit for strength? John 15:4 “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
- How do you encourage someone to be resilient? Do you show? Do you go through it with them? Ephesians 3:16-19 “I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
- That he may strengthen you with power…” How has God and/or Universe strengthened you?
Sasha-Inspired Journaling Prompts [Performance Jan. 30th, 2021]
- List 3 people you have negative feelings against. Pick the person who has the most heart resonance and begin the process of forgiving through a letter (i.e. I forgive you for….breaking my fingers, belittling me, hurting my father….etc..).
- What are you ready to forgive yourself for? (i.e. a negative reoccurring feedback loop such as “I forgive myself for having belly fat” or “I forgive myself for calling myself [these names]” or for having certain feelings).
- What’s coming up for us in the forgiving process? (i.e. stumbling blocks, revelations, deeper understandings).
Elsa-Inspired Journaling Prompts [Performance Dec. 26th, 2020]
- Tell a story that you have never told centered around true self-expression.
- What’s the most profound experience of your life, if not the most, then one of them.
- Think about somebody in your life that you wish you could say something to that you no longer have the opportunity to…what would that letter look like if it means you would never send it?
- What makes you happy and what makes you feel hopeful for the future?
Marlaina-Inspired Journaling Prompts [Performance Nov. 26th, 2020]
Prompt 1: Where have you grown this year? Be it personal growth, growth in friendships, growth in something you love.
Prompt 2: What’s something you’ve been ignoring within yourself? Whether on purpose or unintentionally. It could be a need you have, an experience you’ve yet to fully process, a weakness that is seeking strength.
Prompt 3: When have you helped someone close to you and how did that affect your relationship with them? When have you let someone help you and what did you learn about yourself in doing so?
♥ We Look Forward to Seeing you Soon ♥